The Intellectual Property license is often the key vehicle by which the owner of Intellectual Property, whether a patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret, or a combination of these rights, can further maximize its value, generate revenue, and market the IP. Licensing can deliver to holders of Intellectual Property assets the revenue benefit of commercializing those assets without the risk and expense of having to create the necessary production, marketing and distribution infrastructures. As such, owners of Intellectual Property should consistently and carefully examine their Intellectual Property portfolios and consider licensing in order further to maximize the full potential of their Intellectual Property assets.
Catalina & Associates has broad experience in negotiating and drafting licensing agreements for all areas of Intellectual Property, such as:
- Preparing and drafting master licensing agreements and policies
- Negotiating strategic alliances
- Preparing and drafting joint research agreements
- Performing due diligence on the Intellectual Property aspects of merger and acquisition
- Preparing and drafting technology transfer agreements
- Providing on-going administration of license and royalty payments
We have represented clients' licensing interests in all fields of commerce and have successfully negotiated on behalf of our clients complex, multinational and cross-border licensing, distribution and outsourcing arrangements.